Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shopping!

Today was a very productive day. We went to the library for the girls story time and I have signed the boys up for next sessions story time. After the library we went to Aldi (a grocery store). They don't have double wide carts, so I got two carts, the girls were pushing them until Evie got her license revoked for running into people, then I pushed one while Hannah pushed the other. It went pretty smoothly, except for when I looked at my receipt in the car after I had everybody in and found they didn't charge me for a thing a blueberries and charged me for potatoes I didn't buy, I wasn't about to get everyone out and go back into the store for $1.50, oh well. The girls blew bubbles in the driveway while I unloaded the groceries and put everything away. It worked wonderfully. I got several (5 or 6 I think) loads of laundry completely done (put away and everything!) and was excited about all I was able to do. When I mentioned the laundry to Nathan when he came home he asked "how many of those loads were ours and the boys? The girls should be doing their own laundry by now, at least Hannah should be." Oh, I didn't realize a six year old who can't reach the dryer controls yet should be doing her own laundry from start to finish....that's something we'll have to work on! Anyway, I have the boys helping unload the dishwasher. I figure that's a good start for teaching a child responsibility right? The girls are enjoying having the help, as the dishwasher has been their job for sometime now :-)

1 comment:

  1. OK, so let's review when Nathan learned to do laundry...I distinctly remember when he was in high school, we're talking 16 here, not 6, and I was leaving for work one day and asked him to put the laundry that was in the washing machine into the dryer. I came home late that night, and found wet clothes in the dryer. Nathan's explanation? "You didn't tell me to turn it on!"

    ReplyDelete