Wednesday, February 13, 2013

play-doh

Today a friend of mine called me asking if I could watch her daughter for the morning. No problem, I had just finished up school with the girls, so it was perfect timing. She came a few minutes later and I decided it might be fun to get out the play-doh for everyone to enjoy. The girls were excited about this, so we got it out and I sat the boys at the table. The first thing Little Boy Blue did was put a large chunk in his mouth, I told him "yuck" and quickly removed it from his mouth. At that point I think he decided play-doh was no fun since he couldn't eat it. Green Machine was just kind of watching and trying to figure out what you actually are supposed to do with it since he saw you shouldn't eat it. I got one of those toys that you squeeze the play-doh through and it comes out like spaghetti and thought they might like seeing that. Apparently I was VERY wrong. Little Boy Blue starts crying and trying to get away as fast as he can. He was quite scared of it. We'll have to try it again sometime, but for now he wants nothing to do with it. Green Machine had fun with it though and was squishing it and using a fork with it and breaking it apart. At least one of them had fun.
In other events for the day Evie read Little Boy Blue "Moo, Baa, LaLaLa" as I had already read it to him about 15 times and he still wanted to hear it more. I know toddlers like hearing the same books over and over again, but my girls were really quiet good about a variety, so I'm not used to reading the same book so many times in one day. But Little Boy Blue is really cute about it, he attempts to say "LaLaLa" and brings to the book and says please. :-) Evie didn't really "read" it per say, she has it memorized, but she did tell it to him five times. She is getting better with her sights words and starting to read though, which is good!

3 comments:

  1. I have four words for you and Brian: Mister Pine's Purple House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used hypotheticals involving Mr. Pine and his purple house in almost every class when I taught at Heald. I also created a Mr. Green who lived next door to Mr. Pine and had various legal misadventures with Mr. Pine.

    ReplyDelete