Tomorrow Nathan heads back to work. We had a great time with him home for the past week plus! The boys have an evaluation with their birth-dad, that means they'll be out for several hours (two hour drive there, one hour eval, two hour drive back). It will ease me into being on my own. But the real sign that things are returning to normal is I made cookies tonight :-) I couldn't let Nathan go back to work without cookies! Anyway, the last two days have been good. Yesterday Nathan took the girls to Home Depot for the monthly kids workshop they do, they didn't have time to finish it before heading back home. I had a dentist appointment at 11 that they had to be back for. So Nathan had all the kids on his own for the first time. They were all alive and happy when I got back, so I think everything went alright :-) Other then that it was a pretty low key kind of day.
Today the boys and I stayed home from church because both boys have a cold now and we didn't want to infect the entire church nursery. We read lots of books, the boys are getting much better at sitting and listening to books. Little Boy Blue even was saying all the animal sounds in Moo, Baa, LaLaLa for me! Except for the rhinoceros. For some reason I don't think most people teach their kids how to short and snuff. :-) The boys are getting comfortable with their bed time routine as well. Tonight when putting them to bed Little Boy Blue was playing and I said "it's time to read the Bible" and held up the book and he came right over, Nathan was sure I was going to have to go get him, but nope, he totally understood and was cool with it.
We got Miss E that same book for Christmas. She now has to sleep with it every night. She has also learned to snort & snuff. But the cow still says, "eat more chicken, moo!"
ReplyDeletePlease, promise me somebody is teaching the boys that sharks say "Debbie Debbie Debbie" ... please.
ReplyDeleteLove the eat more chicken, moo! That's super cute!
ReplyDeleteYes Debbie, I have said that to them at least once already. We haven't gotten into that book really yet.