Saturday, March 28, 2015

Just Four - Day 2

This morning Evie work up and one of the first things she said is "I hope Hannah is safe" I assured her I had talked with her last night and she made it to Austin safely. We had a pretty smooth day today. We did the town Easter Egg Hunt. It was freezing cold, windy and snowy, but we went anyway. It's a fast thing, so it was too bad. I sent my camera with Nathan, so I was using a camera that my Mom had given to the girls, which apparently doesn't like freezing temperatures that much, as it wouldn't work by the end of the 20 minutes we were outside, so I only got a few pictures, but they are.
Waiting in the car until the last possible moment to stay warm!
Excited and ready to go!
I had to drop Evie off at her area and go bring the boys across the field. Fortunately there were a few people she knew there. 
Damen getting some candy from the Easter Bunny
The field of candy and eggs just waiting for the kids
it took the boys, especially Kaleb, a couple minutes to get into it, but there was plenty of candy to go around. 
Lots of candy!
After we got home Evie divided her candy, since Hannah couldn't be there she gave Hannah half of all her candy and put it in an Easter basket for Hannah for when she gets back. How nice is that? I wish I had a sister like that when I was growing up ;-) Evie also regularly asked through the day what Hannah was doing. When we got back from the Easter Egg Hunt we called to check in on them. They were enjoying the sunny 80 degree weather hanging out with our friends who they're staying with and playing. Maybe Texas could send a little of the sun this way? The boys asked for me to have Daddy come in and give them a hug and a kiss when he gets back, I tried to explain that he wouldn't be back until Tuesday, they said okay, on Tuesday then. Damen has picked up the cold that Kaleb has. He is coughing and it sounds awful. Kaleb is doing better though, so I think he'll be over it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment