Last Tuesday our landlord emailed to let us know they have decided to sell the house we're renting. We do not want to buy it for lots of reasons, so this past week has been a frantic search for where we should go. There are no rentals available and limited houses that are anything close to our criteria, the joys of a small town.
Life has been a little crazy......to add to the crazy, because I'm like that, I decided to start school with the kids this week since we'll be moving shortly (we need to be out of our place by Sept. 30th) and taking a vacation in October I figured starting early was probably a smart idea. Yesterday there was much resistance because it was nice out, today it rained, so they weren't too upset with doing school. Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful, so we'll see what happens.
Our garden is doing quite well, our tomatoes are starting to ripen and are delicious! We have certainly been enjoying the fresh veggies!
Yesterday I gave Evie an M&M cookie recipe and she made them from start to finish without questions or help. She put them in the oven, took them out, even measured the shortening by eye, a girl after my own heart. Not bad for nine years old! I've had few moms lately who have been super impressed that my kids can cook, but really, what do expect when they're growing up with me as their mom?
No comments:
Post a Comment