Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Surreal

The past two weeks have been rather surreal. And they have flown by. We got the call two weeks ago this past Monday that we were getting the boys. Tomorrow we'll get them, two weeks after we first met them. Life has been crazy. There has been lots of LATE nights trying to get things ready. There has been trying to still have some normalcy for the girls. Monday we went to a museum (more on that in another post). As we were there most of the time I was in the moment, thinking, interacting, playing with the girls. Then there were the moments of "I'm getting twins in three days" "how would I do this with four kids, two of which are under two?" it's weird. Really weird. I'd say it's not natural to add kids to your family so fast, and it's probably not. But even when I was pregnant I'd forget I was pregnant half the time (yes, I know I'm weird, Nathan always asked how I'd manage to "forget" I was pregnant, don't ask, I don't know)......I guess I try to focus on the here and now and block everything else out (like the toys all over the house). Anyway, tomorrows the day our family goes from four to six and will never be the same again! Now I should go get some sleep :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment