Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sometimes I wish it would just break....

Anyone who has had a sprain or a tear knows what I'm talking about, breaks are cleaner (in general) and heal faster. I tore a ligament in my hand (lowest one on the middle finger or my right hand) and ignored it for three weeks. And finally decided to go to the doctor today (why? I don't know). It didn't hurt that bad unless you did something to it in just the right way (which, I may add the doctor was very good at). He x-rayed it to make sure it wasn't broken, gave me a cortisone shot (I REALLY don't like those) and sent me on my way for the next four weeks. How did I tear it you ask? Oh, doing something not so smart, carrying two bins of toys down a narrow hallway I ran into a door frame, brilliant I know. Maybe, just maybe have a high deductible health plan and feeling the cost more of going to the doctor will help with my not so smart moments....just maybe.
The good news is my parents and grandparents will be here tomorrow to help! There are some things that become difficult when your fingers are tapped, even if you are still supposed to use them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment