Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Adoption - take two
It's been in our plans to adopt again once Nathan was done with school this past December. Him finishing school ended up being a little crazier than expect with a cross country move two months later. But we've been in Connecticut just over two months now and are starting to settle in. We've seen lots of family and will be seeing more at the end of the month, yay! We've also met some great people through our home group and church. Since we have family and friends around and they are willing to watch our girls for things like the necessary training for foster care we've started to look into what it takes in Connecticut to adopt through the foster care system. It's different here than in Texas, and trying to figure out the differences and the best way to get started has definitely been a learning experience. It's also different living in a state that has less people than the city you just moved from. There are far fewer adoption agencies, and in the few that there are even less work with the state foster care system. I have networked and found people who live here and have adopted, but none who have adopted through foster care. In Texas I knew lots of people who had adopted through foster care and several agencies that worked exclusively with the foster care system. After internet searches, talking to people and agencies we have decided on an agency to work with. And I have decide that I'm going to attempt to blog through this adoption process. I will continue with my completely random updates about general family life, but along with that I will intersperse posts about the journey God is taking us on through adoption. I hope you enjoy the ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment