Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fondue Take 3

Yesterday we did fondue for dinner. Evie went to bed early, but Hannah was still up when we started the first course, so she got to taste some of the cheese fondue with bread and apples. She was very excited and like the fact that there were candles on the table. We did the fondue a little different this time, as I boiled all the veggies in the broth before we had it in the fondue pot. This allowed for the potatoes to cook at a reasonable speed on the stove and we had the available to dip in the cheese, which they all go very well with. It sped up the whole meal a little too, which was good. We also managed to get the dark chocolate a much smoother consistency by adding a lot more cream to it. The meal was very yummy. I think my grandmother might have pictures, but I didn't get any, I'm hoping to end up with more pictures from my mom and grandmother at the end of the trip, so maybe I'll just do a picture post then.

No comments:

Post a Comment