Yesterday Evie turned 1! We went to the doctor for her 1 year check up and she's doing well. 20 lbs 10 oz and 30.5 inches long. Which means she's still maintaining her weight at this point in about the 44th percent title and her height is staying at 90th. The appointment went well, when the doctor saw Evie's ant bites he said "holy ant bites batman" (I love our dr.) and after asking how many words she was saying and I replied 10-15 he said we should start looking for her to put multiple words together in the next month or two and continues the examine. Then he says "wait, I was thinking she was 18-24 months, when you said 10-15 words I automatically jumped to that age, 2-5 words is what we hope for at a year. 10-15 words? No way. I haven't had a 12 month old with that many words in.....well NEVER." it was pretty funny :-) My kids are talkers what can I say? Here's a list of her words:
boom, hi, bye, uh-oh, dog (da), turn (drrr), cheese, woof (boof), moo (boo), tree (eee), airplane (aaa with hand motion), flag (faa), mama, dada, tick-tock, bear (bah), bird (baa) and that's all I can think of right now. She loves things that turn, like my mixer, a dog says "boof" and she hardly ever uses mama and dada, but she does know them. Tick-tock is from picking her up and swinging her from side to side and saying that to her, one time she just started saying it when I did it. Of course all the word aren't perfectly clear, but pretty much everyone can understand hi, boom, cheese and uh-oh.
No comments:
Post a Comment