Instead of giving you just a potty training update, I figured I'd include more general information too. But I'll start with potty training. :-) We started the boys fully clothed this past Wednesday and they've been doing well. They are going much long between potty breaks, which is great, instead of every 20 minutes (Green Machine when we started) we now often go 1.5-2 hours, a wonderful break. After putting them in clothes on Wednesday I spent Thursday teaching them how to take off their pants. They are now proficient at it and always want to do it their self, they only thing they really need help with at this point is getting the toilet paper, so we're in very good shape.
As for what else the boys are doing, their communication skills are ever increasing. The other day Green Machine came running to me saying "hitting book! hitting book!" as Little Boy Blue was chasing him with a book in his hand attempting to hit him. If either of them come to me crying I can ask "what happened?" and get an answer! Such as "fall off couch" or "Evie hit" it is nice that they can now communicate what their problem is. They are also super cute when some happens such as food falling off their trays and they "oh man!"
They are recognizing people and remembering them. They know all the kids in the nursery at church and when you mention church they'll often start spouting out names. They also love to stay hi to people on the phone or on the computer. When Debbie was in the states they loved calling her to say hi and still ask to call her every day (how many voice mails will fill up your mail box Deb?).
Green Machine is starting to figure out pumping on a swing, when he starts swinging he'll lean forward and backwards with his body to try and keep himself going, he doesn't use his legs yet, but it's a start. Oh, and when he wants you to push him higher he says "too high please" Which is cute, but very confusing to anyone but me, because what he really means is higher please. Both boys love underdogs! But don't like their sisters pushing them....I think it's because they don't push them high enough, but I'm not sure.
Little Boy Blue is able to identify two of any objects and loves to point out pairs "two dogs" "two books" "two spoons" etc. And loves to label things by color "Mommy black" "Hannah blue" (based on shirt color).
Anyway, things are going well and the boys are continuing to grow and learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment