Friday, September 6, 2013
and practice makes perfect.....
I'm not really good at this potty training thing. I never have been, I tend to get frustrated too easily (you can go back and look at my postings on training Hannah and Evie if you don't believe me!). Anyway, after pooping in the potty the first couple days Little Boy Blue decide that was not for him. So he didn't poop for 72 two hours....and then exploded in my living room right after Green Machine said "Potty" so of course I had to take him and after getting him on the potty I check to see what Little Boy Blue is doing and there was the explosion all over my living room floor. I made him help clean it up, but that didn't deter him enough because the next day we were outside and again, I took my eyes off him for two seconds and he went in his shorts. He didn't go yesterday and today I had my eyes on him all day, because as Evie put it "you can't trust him" and tonight, after going to bed, we ended up getting him up as the girls were getting ready for bed and he finally went in the potty again! YAY! Green Machine on the other hand is still doing splendid without bottoms. I also found Wednesday that if I put him in shorts with no underwear it works and he still tells me when he has to go. Wednesday he did great, with shorts on all day! Thursday he didn't do so well with shorts on for the morning, so he ended the day with no shorts, I think that was due to Aunt Debbie being here. At least I'll blame her for it ;-) Today we just did no bottoms for both of them and again Green Machine was flawless. Little Boy Blue towards the end of the day told me twice when he had to go. That's a step in the right direction if you ask me. Anyway, I've also talked to a number of people in the past couple days who say boys are harder and take longer to train. We'll see, I'm not convinced of that, but it helps me see we really aren't doing too bad, so I really don't need to be frustrated and we can stick with it until it's finished!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment