Friday, July 26, 2013

Best Camp Ever

We had Best Camp Ever (also known as Vacation Bible School) at our church this week, so it was a crazy week. I had the kids out of the house by 8:20 every morning to be there at 8:30. On Monday we were there at 8:15 (as was requested for all the leaders to be there at) and was the third person there and greeted by our campus pastor with "Oh no" when I walked in. Ah.....something about having four kids 6 and under and not being so helpful at times I think was the reason. But I did help him put away the rest of the chairs that were out, which is what he was doing. It was a good week, I was with the elementary age kids, there were 15 of them most days. It was grades 1-4, since it was a small group. I had two of our jr. highers from this past year with me as well as another adult. Although we didn't really have to do much, just lead the kids around to the different activities. We were encouraged to get involved, so it was fun playing the games with them, learning the motions to songs and making a complete full of myself and being crazy during the opening and closing. Today we helped with tear down of the VBS stuff and setting the church back in order for Sunday. We stayed until just before1 pm, the kids did amazing with no lunch and a lack of supervision as all the adults were setting things back up for church. There were four people who stayed to the very end, and there were nine kids six and under between them. But we got it all done. It was a crazy week, but the boys took good naps all week, except today. I'll post more on VBS and the other things this week a little later, I have to upload the pictures from my camera still. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment