Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sandy

A few people have asked how we survived Sandy, so I figured I'd do a post to update people. We're pretty far from the coast, so we only got some heavy winds. We were on the clean warm side of the storm, so it was 65 degrees here Monday night. Kind of nice :-) About half our town lost power, we did not. Nathan's work was open by 10 am on Tuesday, so he went back to work Tuesday. We lost a few branches, but nothing major. Our neighbors cleaned up the biggest one which was on the line between their house and hours. We have great neighbors! Sandy did clean the leaves off our driveway for us. It was completely covered before the storm came and here you can see it's quiet clean.
Here's the biggest branch we lost near the house. This is our back yard, I think this might have scrapped the house coming down, several things hit the house but there was no damage.
 The girls enjoyed having Daddy home early on Monday.
 And did some painting.
Evie enjoyed painting a birthday gift that came in the mail on Monday from Aunt Janie and Uncle Brian!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad to hear you weathered the storm well. I prayed for your family as well as my sister who just moved up that way a couple of months ago.

    ReplyDelete