Saturday, July 10, 2010
potty what?
On Wednesday I decided to start potty training Evie. She's showing a lot of the "signs" of readiness for potty training so I figured why not, I've got nothing better to do and if it works it'd be great. Well she's really enjoyed running around naked the past few days and has learned how to take her clothes off. Not exactly the lesson I wanted to teach her, but not a bad one....now if she could only put them back on... Yesterday we had the most success with only four accidents. She has total control of her bodily functions, as she's able to not go until nap or night time as displayed yesterday when I took her potty three times before nap because I knew she had to go and then finally put a diaper on her and it was soaked through in less than five minutes. Thus proving she could if desired go in the toilet, it doesn't seem she really has this desire. Other things I've learned is that 3-6 month diaper covers fit as a thicker underwear and that there's no way 24 or 18 month shorts will stay up on her with no diaper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hm, glad you mentioned shorts staying up... we're going to start potty training with Evan soon and I'll bet I'll need to dig out some smaller shorts for him, too! Good luck with the potty training!
ReplyDelete