Tuesday, October 1, 2024

a rough day

Today was a rough day.....the kids had their first day of theater....there are only 10 kids in the production. Evie had a good attitude about it, but the boys were less than thrilled. I think it will be a good experience, as it's a straight show and they've never done one before, but Kaleb is saying he's done with theater and won't do it after this. They did say the people were all really nice though, so that's good. Every where they have been the people have been nice, which is great, it definitely makes this easier.

Hannah had a super rough day, first the dog day care told her they decided they wanted someone with more experience who could work more hours, so they weren't going to continue her employment. Next, the Bible study she's been doing (which she had told us on several occasions was a cult, some what as a joke, but I think also some what because something was off, she just couldn't figure it out), told her there is only one denomination, that her parents have been lying to her and she couldn't be saved by praying, and that her baptism didn't count because it was too long after she was saved, even though she wasn't really saved then and that she's going to hell. She also didn't do well on a biology test. All in all, no fun. She has started the job hunt again and we'll see where she ends up. 

One good thing from this past week is that the youth group is going to start doing worship at youth group, Damen will be playing guitar, Kaleb cajon, and Evie will be singing. They are super pumped about that. 

This week there is no youth group, but there is a high school play that one of the kids from youth group is in, so we'll be going to that. We're also having some people over on Saturday. So that is also something everyone is looking forward to. 

The boys have been enjoying throwing a football around.....they decided yesterday doing this in the house was a good thing.

This was the result, so they now have some wall repair to do 

This past week Nathan and I also got our Colorado licenses! You can't just walk into the DMV, you have to make an appointment and they have specific locations just for licenses, it's kind of crazy. Nathan and I were talking about licenses and I mentioned something about when it expired, and he said "Licenses expire? I don't think I knew that, I mean, it makes sense, I just hadn't thought about it" The only place we have lived long enough to have to renew our license is Texas, and that was quite awhile ago. But I thought it was super funny that he hadn't processed licenses expiring because we just haven't had to deal with it, I guess that a benefit of moving a lot? 😀


No comments:

Post a Comment