The excitement in life continued this past week. Hannah had an interview at a dog daycare place on Friday and was hired on the spot. She started training on Monday, and continues Wednesday and Friday of this week from 7 am -2 pm. It's definitely keeping her busy.
Charli finally started going upstairs and downstairs. It took her a week before she'd do it and now she loves being downstairs with the kids.
Evie and I also took her to the dog park yesterday. She had such a good time, there was only one other dog there, but there was lots of space to run and a puddle because it had rained the previous day.
Saturday my cousin came over and visited for the morning. He was in town for work and wanted to catch up. I hadn't seen him in probably 30 years, but we had a nice visit. The kids were not so pleased with the fact that Saturday was taken up by a random person who was "old" and "not really related" to them because he's a cousin once removed, but that's okay. It was good to see him.
Sunday we did church and Sunday evening there was a connection group get together which we went to. I'd say it was a small group, but it wasn't that small. It was a good time, and there was another family there who just moved back to the area in August (they lived here from 2018-2021, and then went back home to Oregon and are now back), they have kids who are 17, 15 and 11. Our kids have gotten to know the kids at youth group and Sunday gave me a chance to chat with the parents, which was nice.
Evie has also been enjoying our roses that are currently blooming in front of our house. They are quite beautiful.
We also learned this week, as they put up signs that we are not supposed to be walking on the golf course....that is where we were taking our evening strolls, as it's a nice wide path...but as we are respectful of the rules we have stopped. We were wondering if the signs were put up just for us, but since the signs have gone up I have seen someone else walking his dogs and some biking on the path.
We have also seen our local neighborhood fox several times this past week. At one point Evie and I were out in the back yard with Charli and she runs to the fence, we looked and the fox was just strolling down the golf course path. When it say Charli it veered off towards us, but then saw something and started hunting it and then pounced, it was so cute! It's also crossed the street right near me when I was walking the dog and once was in our front yard when Hannah went out.
On Friday I took a walk with my friend Kristen from Connecticut. As we were walking she told how they had actually tried to come out to Colorado in 2012-2013 time frame, instead of 2016 when they did. When I heard that I was just hit again by the goodness of God. If they had come out here earlier we probably wouldn't have known them and wouldn't have had the connection out here that we have because of them. I'm sure they were probably more reasons than just us that God kept them in Connecticut, but maybe not. God does work in incredible ways and I am so thankful for his goodness to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment