After my parents left it took that next week for us to get back into the grove of life. Trying to do school again can be quite the challenge when you haven't done it for five days. Just yesterday, after just the weekend Kaleb said it was so hard to get back into school after having two days off.
But we're starting to get back into things I think. This past week had plenty of fun sprinkled in. Evie's birthday was last Tuesday, she went out for breakfast with Nathan, we ordered some Chinese for dinner and had this ice cream cake:
It had a chocolate chip cooking crumble base (without chocolate chips), vanilla ice cream, a chocolate mousse middle, strawberry ice cream and mangos. Yum!
Instead of youth group this past Thursday the kids all went to a local high school football game.
It was a beautiful evening for it, a bit windy at first which made it cold, but the wind died down and we all enjoyed the game.
We've also had amazing fall colors the past two weeks! It's been gorgeous and sunny!The last of the roses are blooming.
On the 20th the younger three kids went to a friends hockey game and had a lot of fun watching the game and listening to the drama from the stands (some of the parents got very out of line). The boys also had the opportunity to go to a friends house this past Saturday. The kids have some real friends now, which is great!
I've been working on trying to build relationships as well. I've done a few walks with people, which is wonderful when you have such nice weather! Today I took Charlie to the open space off leash dog park and we walked for an hour plus, I think it may have been a bit too much for her, as she's been super calm/tired the rest of the day. But she did love it while we were out there. This afternoon I went for a walk with someone from church and I have another meet up tomorrow.
I've also been working towards establishing medical professions. One of my least favorite parts of moving. We have the dentist all set, Hannah and Nathan have already had appointments, the boys have appointments on Thursday and Evie and I have ours on Monday. Next will be doctors.
Yesterday Evie interviewed for and got a lifeguarding job that's from noon-4:15 pm, which are great hours for the time being and will be an easy start, with not many people in the pool. She's waiting on HR to get her the paperwork, but it sounds like she'll be starting in two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment