It seems like forever since we left our house in Indiana. It's been just over two weeks and we are at our fourth location....Kaleb's leg is healing well and he took out his own stiches yesterday. Last week we were in Brunswick, Maryland. It was right near Harpers Ferry, WV. Nathan took some of the kids to Harpers Ferry and hiking, while I stayed with the last child due to poor choices he had made. The next day we went and visited my grandmother who was about an hour away. We brought all the kids with us and she was a bit surprised by the six of showing up and not sure what to do. Well, I knew exactly what to do, a game I played with my grandmother since I was a kid is the card game 31, my kids now enjoy that game as well. My grandmother doesn't have her jar of dimes that was always handy when I was young (according to my children she plays with dollar bills at times!), but Hannah had enough change on her to give us all three pieces to play the game. We played two rounds of 31 with her and then she let my children finish off her beloved Klondike bars! They enjoyed them while we asked "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" it was good to see her and visit while playing cards and I think everyone had a good time. After that we headed to my sister's apartment and my children got to experience Chipotle for the the first time.
The next day we headed for the eastern shore of Virginia. We are right near Chincoteague and are visiting the boys foster parents, who are amazing. Their foster mom (Gramma Barb) has been playing cards and have loads of fun with the kids, even though she just had hip replacement surgery two weeks ago. She got her staples out today and is super excited to be able to go upstairs and do some crafting with the kids tomorrow. They also have a pool that Kaleb was excited to go in after taking out his stiches. We went to the beach on Monday, Kaleb was very bummed he couldn't jump waves with the rest of us, but he did enjoy making sand castles and digging holes. Everyone also enjoyed the ice cream afterwards.
It has been raining the past two days and today was super windy as well. It's supposed to continue raining for the next few days as well, but it has given Nathan and I a chance to get some work done. Work has been pretty crazy, which hasn't been so fun...trying to balance doing things and working and having kids who don't want to do anything with their parents has been a challenge, but we continue to press on. I did take the kids to the library yesterday and they all enjoyed reading today, which was a perfect activity for the bad weather.
I am working at planning where we're heading next so we have reservations and aren't trying to book things the day before 😃 I have the next two weeks books, now if we can just work a little bit further out than that we'll be in good shape...but we're learning the tools that are out there and figuring out how things work.
I am hoping to get some pictures uploaded soon as well as stories from the kids, which may be horror stories at this point, but it's memory making, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment