Friday, May 8, 2015

Today's fails

Our fridge water dispenser doesn't work during the winter. The line freezes and nothing happens. Today I decided to test and see if it was working again since it's been warm lately. I held the cup under and it sounded like water was coming....but nothing came out, where was it going? Had it been do long that it had drained the filter? I decided to hold it for a couple minutes to see if the water would start filling. Nothing happened, so I went on with my day. A short while later I heard a high pitch beeping, like a smoke detector, but I knew there wasn't a fire in the house, so why was it beeping? I found out which smoke detector it was (since we have at least six in the house) and found water dripping off it. Not knowing where the water was coming from I shut of the main valve to the house and took the smoke detector down. And then I realized it was from the fridge. I pulled out the fridge and it was wet under there. It is also now cleaner than it has been ever since we lived here! Anyway, I don't think there's any permanent damage, but Nathan said I need to leaving the engineering up to him and not try to trouble shoot things like the water dispenser :-)
My second fail of the day was not putting yeast in my pizza dough...I didn't discover that until after it was on the rise cycle of the bread machine for 30 minutes. Dinner was a little later than I had hoped, but I made stuffed crust pizza and it was really good :-)
My last fail was yelling at my kids to get out of the house to go to the beach. They wanted to go, but they didn't seem to hear a word I was saying, so I ended up yelling at them out of frustration for no good reason. But we did make it to the beach and spent a couple hours there and I think they had fun. It was our third time at the beach this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment