Wednesday, February 12, 2014

field trip

The kids are sort of recovering from their colds. At least Hannah is doing better, Green Machine and Evie never got it too bad, at least not yet, and Little Boy Blue is suffering through. But today we got out of the house and went on a tour of or local movie theater. It's a small theater, but it has history to it. It was one of the few buildings still standing after a fire (which started in the stables behind it) took out 80% of "downtown" in 1902. It was a hotel before it was a theater and it was the first theater in the state to go fully digital. We went on the tour with the MOMs Club, and there were only two other moms who came. The one who coordinated it said to me "I love when you RSVP for things, then I know there will be a crowd!" that is not normally the response I get when taking my kids out, but I like it :-) We did make it go from two to six kids, so you know.......The other day while grocery shopping when I was walking through the store someone actually had the courage to talk to me about the fact that I took two carts (which I get strange looks for all the time) he said "Oh, now I see why you have two carts. Bless you!" I only have four kids people, it's not that many! But it is funny the comments you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment