I started introducing the ch sound to Hannah this past weekend. Today we had the following conversation.
Hannah: so I was thinking during my nap the other day. I was thinking.......
me: what were you thinking?
Hannah: I was thinking Challenger begins with ch
me: yes, yes it does.
When I told her ch made a "ch" sound she started rattling off words that began with "ch" such as cheese and church. I think she'll be able to spell before she can read, as when I try and work on the actual reading part of it she never wants to do that. We'll see :-) Oh and a phrase she started using yesterday that I have no idea where it came from "sure old buddy" with a drawn out sure and sometimes even an ol' instead of old. It's pretty funny! Below are comments from Nathan "enhance your reading experience".
A few points to help with this story. Hannah has learned to start sentences with "so..." because her daddy does it all the time. (She also says "like" all the time for some strange reason.) Undoubtedly she wasn't actually telling us about something she thought of "the other day". It was probably during her nap time today, but she will try out phrases like "the other day..." without really knowing what they mean. Hannah knows Challenger because there is a Challenger Memorial Park near us that we like to go to.
No comments:
Post a Comment