Saturday, March 1, 2025

February was a crazy month. I'm thankful it's over. The last week has had quite the excitement. Last Friday Hannah drove over a screws and woke up Saturday to find a flat tire. We were able to get her new tires on Sunday, which I was super thankful for, as having one car out of commission with four drivers is hard. Nathan and Hannah did bring the tire in to try and get it patched, but because it was over ten years old they wouldn't patch it. Hence the new tires. Monday the girls and I went to a women's Bunco night, which was fun. Tuesday we met friends at the park in the morning, as it's been super nice here, sunny and in the 50s and 60s! Wednesday was when the real excitement began, it was a beautiful day, Hannah was at school, Nathan and Evie both at work, all the cars were gone, the boys went to work out, so I decided to take Charli for a walk. As I was walking I tripped over the side walk and landed apparently on my pinky finger, enough at least that it dislocated and twisted the bone. It looked terrible to say the least. I walked back home and my neighbor was out, I asked him if he could take me to the urgent car, it was that or walk, it's only about a mile away. He was able to and dropped me off....as I was getting registered I got a text from Evie - "Mom, I can't see out of one eye" great.....I couldn't do much, as I didn't have a car, but I called her and said to see if anyone had Excedrin. I'm about to pay for my appointment, but before I do, I asked if they had an x-ray tech in, as this is the same place I tried three times to get Kaleb's finger x-rayed, they said they didn't, but it wasn't a big deal, because they'd just send me somewhere else to get the x-ray. Hello, I don't have a car, I can't drive around places and I just need someone to straighten out my finger, I was sure it'd be fine. So I call Nathan, who was fortunately on lunch break from his all day meeting and asked if it'd be possible for him to come get me and take me somewhere else. He was able to work out the details and get someone to cover his meeting for him. He picked me up, then made sure I was all good at the new urgent care place and went and picked up Evie, who at this point had had her arm go numb and had a terrible headache. X-rays confirmed just a dislocated finger, so the doctor put it back in place and I was good to go. Nathan made it back to get me about five minutes after I finished and then I drove home so he could present on his meeting. We got home, tried to have a lower key couple of hours before heading to a Christian school open house that allows home schoolers to do extra curricular activities. We were going to Evie, Damen and Kaleb, but we felt it best given the day to leave Evie at home to get more rest. Thursday was our normal crazy of Ninja warrior and youth group and Friday Damen had an appointment in the morning and we hosted small group. I knew it was going to be a crazy week, I just didn't realize how crazy! Today has been a much needed quieter day where we have gotten some things done around the house. 

But the lesson learned is that Colorado is clearly out to get our fingers 😂 

No comments:

Post a Comment