Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Walking by faith

After the message Sunday there were many tears shed (including my own) and many hugs given. I have been beyond blessed by how God works. I had someone come up to me on Sunday who had been prompted to pray for us. She told me how one day she was reading the Bible and the words Nathan Mayer literally jumped off the page. The name Nathan wasn't even on the page where she was reading, and she thought she might be going crazy. After hearing the message Sunday she knew she wasn't going crazy and that it was in fact God prompting her to pray for us, which she had done. I had another person come up to me today and said that the Spirit had been continually prompting her to pray for us for the past two weeks and she now understood why. I think it is so cool that God cares enough about us to cause others to think of us and lift us up before Him, but also causes our faith and theirs to grow through seeing the reason for the prompting. I spoke with another person today who was not very happy about the news....he was a part of our leader core for small groups that are launching this month. He was wrestling with the time and the why of it all. But he said as he was struggling God gave him a picture of a child bringing a beautiful yellow dandelion to his mom and that flower is wonderful for a short time, but then it dies, but when it dies it turns into seed and those seeds blow alway and lead to an entire field of dandelions which is even more beautiful than the one. It is so encouraging to hear and see how God is working and drawing people to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment