Sunday, October 9, 2016

State Parks

Friday morning a friend from church called to see if we wanted to head north with her and her kids to visit some state parks. It was a beautiful day and everyone keeps commenting on the impending winter and how horrible they are. I had the boys pretty much done with school when she called, so I shortened the girls day a little and we headed out. We went to Hoeft State park which is about an hour north of us, then we stopped to see a big barge being loaded, a quarry and another state park. Hoeft has some sand dunes and the kids went swimming. We're working towards the swimming in every season again this year :-) Winter I'm sure will be much more difficult to do here, but we can dream. I didn't bring my suit, but waded some and the water wasn't bad at all. There were really big waves and the girls had a lot of fun jumping them.
Here are the sand dunes
Ready to go in the water!
Woah!
Maybe it's a little cold!
All smiles!
See? I got wet too!
Out jumping waves!
See the storm coming in? 
Warming up
Here's a barge being loaded at a quarry. 
Here's part of the quarry. 
Our last stop was Rockport state park, this is a huge gravel hill
The kids thought this was great!
Climbing up and then sliding down. :-)
We didn't get to spend long there because the storm caught up with us again to we headed home at that point. The kids were disappointed. But we will go back I'm sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment