Monday, May 2, 2016

The past 24 hours

Nathan is on his fourth night of the grave yard shift, 8 pm to 8:30 am. He started working late last week, so we really haven't seen him for a week at this point. This has added all kinds of craziness to our lives. But Debbie came for the weekend and was an amazing help! She left yesterday and everything started falling apart. Hannah had a hard time falling asleep last night and then ended up in bed with me at around 1 am. Damen came out of his room an hour or two after I put him to bed and said his ear hurt, I assured him I'd take him to the doctor today. When he woke up he asked when we were going to the doctor and then proceeded to lay on the couch and fell back asleep until it was time to go. Nathan came home just before the doctors appointment and graciously offered to keep all the other kids home while I took Damen to the doctor. I took him and learned his eardrum had ruptured, this is good and bad. Good because all the fluid that has been in it for the past two months is draining out. Bad because well, it's a ruptured eardrum! I got him his prescriptions and came home. When I got home Kaleb informed me his ear hurt and his cheek/teeth hurt. My guess is sinus infection and or ear infection, I didn't want to go back to the doctor today, but I think I'll end up back there tomorrow for Kaleb, as he declined through out the day. The boys semi slept most of the day, but needed lots of extra attention, so not much got done. They went to bed early and hopefully will sleep through the night. I put the girls to bed and Hannah came out in tears again tonight, so I spent about an hour with them. In Houston during missions there was the term "NASA Widow" everyone knew someone working the flight, or so it seemed. Around here people don't get the whole testing around the clock thing and are confused by the fact I haven't really seen my husband for a week. Sometimes I miss the NASA days.......

1 comment: