Since the drama of ear infections and rain all week last week things have gotten better. It's been sunny and beautiful and the kids can play outside while I pack. Nathan is on his last night of 8 pm to 8:30 am shift, which hasn't been ending at 8:30 at all recently. Today he finished at 11:30 am. That has been a bit crazy, but my parents were here this past weekend and were an amazing help! Not only did the take the kids out several times they also frequented the liquor store for me....I mean for boxes :-) And Big Y as well getting egg boxes, which are a great size to pack in. At this point the kids rooms are pretty much packed, the den which was our disaster room completely packed, the books in the playroom are all packed (except for ones we're keeping for the car), the laundry room has been almost completely cleared out, which is saying something because it was my pantry as well and the kitchen is a good way along as well. Here are some pictures I took of the kitchen earlier today, I did some other cabinets after taking these. My parents did almost all the breakables which is wonderful! We're using the plastic kids dishes, which can just be thrown into a box and are easy to pack.

Almost completely empty! Ignore the counter under the cabinets please ;-)
The bottom shelf on has been turned into a medicine cabinet, so that will almost all be coming with us in our travels and not packed.
As you can see we're making progress, but still have are using some things....like the kitchen aid mixer for making scones this morning. I also made bread for dinner, I'm debating if I want to make one more loaf or if I should pack my break maker now.
No comments:
Post a Comment