Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Clearing Out

Over the past year I've been cleaning out our house trying to get rid of excess junk. Now that we're moving this has gone to a whole new level. I have taken several car loads of stuff to Goodwill and a local kids thrift store as well. We've take about four boxes of books to the library and I have another four plus that I cleaned out yesterday. Here are some pictures of the clean out.
Here is the chaos of our books and playroom yesterday
And here is the cleaned out book shelf and slightly picked up floor :-) 
I know, I know, it's still a lot of books, and part of me really really wanted to get rid of all our books before moving....but then I went to the library while visiting and I decided getting rid of all our books was a bad idea....a very bad idea. SO I had the kids help me go through them yesterday and only got rid of the books everyone agreed to give away. That was three big boxes of books! I was impressed how easily the kids were willing to get rid of books. The boys were funny I showed them one book that they used to hear ALL THE TIME and Kaleb said "That's is SO boring, give it away" and Damen agreed. 
Here's my pile of stuff waiting in the hallway to be taken to various locations, it's bigger now, but you at least get an idea for how much is going out. 
Here's our closet under the stairs. I cleaned this out yesterday and started boxing the things that were there since it's mostly winter stuff. 
Along with cleaning everything out and trying to start packing we've had several painters come through for estimates, a couple realtors and a moving company. It's been slightly crazy to say the least, but at least things are getting done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment