Monday, January 11, 2016
Not the best Mom.
Last Thursday at AWANA Evie ran up to me and gave me a big hug. One of the leaders said to cherish this time as it all ends at 13. And then said to Evie, you have the best Mom ever don't you? Evie promptly replies with "No" he counters "Well, most of the time right?" after a long deliberation she decides that maybe one month worth of days a year I'm the best. She's only seven and already thinks I'm not a great mom, what is she going to think when she's a teenager? Maybe I'm too real with my kids. Maybe I encourage too much honesty. Maybe I don't love my kids enough. Maybe I'm too hands off and encourage too much independence. I've read several times recently something to the effect of God gave you your kids and you are just the mom they need. But maybe that's backwards, the reality is they are just the kids I need to change me and bring me closer to Him and shape me more into His image or show me how far I am from it and how much I need to change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Or maybe Evie is more intelligent than most other kids and over analyzes things like the rest of the Mayer family, lol! Instead of spitting out the answer the person was looking for, she assessed the situation, calculated the odds that out of 7 billion people on this earth at the present time and the billions and billions that have lived in prior times, the odds that her mom was the best on any given day were minuscule; the fact that out of all those billions and billions, you're the best ever 10% of the time is pretty good. Sweetie, you won the jackpot 30 times each year. I'd play the lottery for those odds. And you know the Powerball jackpot is going to be just one billion dollars this week? What are your chances of winning that?
ReplyDelete