Thursday, October 15, 2015

Mud Fun!

It was pretty dry here this summer. So much so that the creek dried up and the marsh was almost just mud. I decided, as any good mother would that the best thing to do in this situation would be to get rain boots for everyone and go tromping through the mud. Well, we went to the thrift store and while I was dropping things off to donate I decided if I could find rain boots for everyone I would get them. Everyone being the boys and Hannah, Evie had a pair of boots that would work. Well, I looked and I found three pairs that would work! I was so super excited, and it cost me a total of $5 for the three pairs. You can't beat that! The very next day we went hiking through our backyard and down to the mud swamp. We had a blast and hiked for over two hours.
This is at the "mud pond" at the back of our house...it wasn't at all muddy, but in the Spring it was and that's where it gets the name. 
There are fun trees to bounce on
And islands to defend (Kaleb in the orange is on an "island" the roots of the trees are the islands)
After going through the non-existent mud we came to the fun stuff! I think Damen might have been stuck in this picture :-) Everyone got stuck at least once. 
Kaleb and Damen going around the rest of the deep mud so they wouldn't get stuck again.

Playing in the mud! I didn't get a picture, but Hannah at one point was up to the top of her boots in mud and water.
 After the mud fun we started walking through a mostly dry creek bed where we had never been before.
There were big rocks to sit and rest on.....or maybe to try and get pictures of them all together on?
It was also pretty steep at times. 
There were some cool mushrooms!
And silly faces!
Did I mention big rocks? :-)
More fun rocks to climb and explore
Evie excited to be up high.

No comments:

Post a Comment