Friday, October 10, 2014

Yellow Jackets....Take 2

I was in the back yard watching the boys and talking with a friend when I heard screaming from the front yard. Hannah and Evie had been playing out there. So I started walking towards the front to see what had happened..by the way Hannah was screaming I thought Evie had lost a limb or something. Anyway, Hannah comes screaming up to me and had apparently stepped on a yellow jacket nest in the ground. She had a few on her (four) and I was able to get them off in pretty short order. In the end she had one sting. Which she screamed about for the next ten minutes or so until I figured out that if I gave her a book she'd get absorbed and forget about the sting. It was amazing how fast she calmed down once I gave her a book, that's my Hannah. She is doing fine now, Evie assured her that it will feel more like a bug bite tomorrow and gave her the low down on everything that would happen with it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment