Sunday, September 16, 2012
The last days of summer
Summer is almost over, the days are getting cooler as well as the nights. This is strange to be happening so early! We're taking advantage of the last few warm days of summer to spend more time at the beach! It was in the low 80s last Thursday and Friday and the upper 70s this past Thursday and Friday. So we headed to the beach all four of those days. Since no life guards are on duty any more I let the girls explore more of the beach and surrounding area. I also brought their float rings and they had a blast. Maybe a little too much fun Friday. The high was 78 but it was a hazy 78 so it didn't feel that warm. We got to the beach around 3:30 pm and the girls were in and out of the water for the next hour and a half. Then Evie was cold, so I put a towel on her and she was laying on the beach blanket to warm up. She got sick, so we packed up and went home, she threw up twice before we got home, I cleaned her up in the shower really fast and at that point Nathan came home so I had him wrap her up and rock her. She threw up once more and I finished showering Hannah and came in and took over rocking the "sick" child. Apparently she was a little colder than I thought, I took her temperature and it was 95.8, I put more blankets on her, warmed up her a little more and in less than 15 minutes she was feeling better and back to her normal self. She sits up and said she wasn't sick and is hungry and wants to play and off she went. Winter will be fun keeping her warm! I have tons of pictures but don't have time to go through them and load them up, I will post them soon, I promise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment