Saturday, September 29, 2012

Apple pies!

On Wednesday we read the book The Apple Pie Tree by Zoe Hall and Shari Halpern. It had a recipe for how to make apple pies in the back, so we decided to try it out. I did not use their crust recipe, because I have a good crust recipe that I like, but we did follow their simple filling recipe.....sort of, I didn't actually measure anything, so many it doesn't count as following it. Hannah did read the recipe :-) Anyway, I had the girls make little pies in a muffin tin while I made a regular pie. The girls had a blast.
 Here they are with the muffin tins filled with apples, I think they ate almost as much apple as they put in the tin!
 Putting the top of the pie on.
We went through 20 pounds of apples in less than two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment