This past week Evie started work. She is lifeguarding and enjoying it. Yesterday was slightly busier than the first two days, as kids are off school this week and there was a camp with 27 kids in the pool! I am thankful she is working pretty close to Nathan and will be on the noon-4:15 shift, which means I can drop her off and Nathan can pick her up, so I don't have to drive both ways. In January she will hopefully be getting her license. The shift works well as she can complete school in the morning and then head into work and still have evenings free.
Speaking of evenings, the kids had a Friendsgiving at youth group this past week and all made their own food to bring! Evie made pumpkin pie, Damen made chocolate pie, Kaleb made homemade rolls and Hannah made whipped cream! I was super excited that they all put in the effort to make something and everything turned out really well.
Friday night we had our first of what will be a weekly community group with church. It was a soft start with only three families, but there is lots of interest within the church. One of the people is an older woman who I asked what she would like my children to call her when I was introducing them to her and she said "Queen Mother" the kids rolled their eyes, but totally thought it was funny as well.
The van is mostly fixed at this point, it's drivable now, which is great. We still need to take the door apart because there is an issue with the latch on that, but having three vehicles again is super helpful!
Hannah has this entire week off of school for Thanksgiving and then has one day of class and finals, then she'll be done for the semester!
No comments:
Post a Comment