Monday the 8th we decide to finally try "THE" sledding spot in the area. We headed the almost half an hour (which was on the way there because of slow drivers) to the sledding hill and attempted to get into the road side park. The attempt failed and we ended up stuck in the snow. The kids and I worked on digging us out and were pretty successful. I got the car to move about half of what I needed to, the biggest problem being the snow was too high and had torn off a shield on the bottom of the car...not so good...which was getting stuck in the snow. One of the people who lived nearby happen to come out plowing on his tractor and I went and asked for help, hoping only to get a shovel realizing I should have one in my car. He was not so thrilled with the fact that I was asking for help as I'm sure it's probably a regular occurrence for him and a pain. I assured him I only wanted to borrow a shovel and apologized for getting myself stuck, but if I could only just borrow a shovel I should be good. Well he decide to get his chain and help pull me out, I offered to pay him, but he wouldn't take it and was much nicer after that. After getting unstuck we parked on the side of the road (just after the plow came through, so I knew it wouldn't be coming again) and had some fun sledding. We were up higher than a bald eagle which was around and it was fun watching it when it came by as we were sledding. I tried to get a picture of it, but wasn't able to get a good one.

Going for a ride!
At the top ready to race!
Hannah working on trying to figure out a snowboard we got from Goodwill
Here are the four kids on two sleds, they really enjoyed riding together and falling into a heap! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment