Saturday, September 30, 2017
Fall has begun
We started our Fall schedule about a month ago. We're doing Wednesday programs at church, co-op on Thursday and school. Evie starts swim practice in just over a week. I've also subbed for our children's church twice in the past month to add to the fun. Bringing order to chaos has been hard, as we've had some super warm days and the kids just want to be outside. I'm trying to focus on just getting the basics done for school and still let them have fun enjoying the beautiful weather. This past Wednesday and Thursday we had a hard time getting out of the house. Wednesday right before leaving Hannah decided to hit her brother, she said because he hit her, but I didn't see that part and I definitely saw her hit him. Nathan was already to leave her home and she was in tears, he said "How do I know you won't hit someone at church?" her response "because I don't hit people there!" Ahh....the wonders of children. The next morning leaving the house for co-op Evie goes outside and just starts screaming repeatedly. Not yelling, screaming...Why? Because she can. At co-op I was talking to a friend and she asked how I was doing, I said well, I'm here, but we've had a hard time getting out of the house lately. She went on to tell me about her two kids sitting in the car the night before waiting for their older siblings and hitting, kicking and biting. Hers are six and eight. Life with kids is hard. I always wanted my kids close together in age, but with all the fighting happening now I wondering if they'll make it out of the house alive. And as we have more and more friends with teenagers I'm not as much looking forward to four teenagers in the house. I'm sure it will be quite the adventure :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment