Summer is finally here. We're enjoying beautiful weather. Highs in the 60s and low 70s, it's been amazing! We pretty much finished school a few weeks ago, we still have a chapter of science left at this point, but that's it. We've been getting done with some reading time every morning and then the kids (and mom too) have been enjoying the beautiful weather! Wednesday the kids and I went on a four mile bike ride, last night we went rollerblading as a family. We got rollerblades for the boys from thrift stores just before mother's day and were able to find them along with pads for everyone for under $20 for it all. After rollerblading mother's day weekend Nathan's rollerblades broke and mine broke tonight, fortunately we were able to find new rollerblades for us at Goodwill this week (I knew mine were on the way out). We were also given a trampoline by a neighbor a couple weeks ago and the kids are loving it! I had some great pictures of the kids on the trampoline, but when I went to get them off my camera they were gone and random pictures of the road were on the camera....I think someone deleted them when they were using my camera without asking.....Today the kids asked if we could do another long bike ride. We did an 11 mile bike ride! That took us pretty much around the entire town. We even made it to Nathan's work! Summer is off to a fun start, I'm hoping to do lots of biking with the kids this summer, We're still short a bike to go out as a whole family (but I saw one as we were out biking today that I'm hoping to pick up), that and I'm pretty sure Nathan couldn't handle biking on main roads with the kids :-) But I'll have them trained well, so hopefully by the end of the summer we able to do some family rides! Here are some pictures from the ride today.

Riding on the main street outside our neighborhood. Most of our route was bike path, but we did have to ride on the side of the road for a couple spots, this being one of them.
First stop, the beach
And playground!
And we're off again.
We stopped to help see the turtle.
And dead fish!
Another turtle, this one we helped across the bike path.
And then we were off again
We made it to church!! That might have involved riding on a "bike path" that is really the shoulder of the road that is 55 mph and going onto that road to take a left turn into the church parking lot, but shhhhh, we won't tell anyone ;-) We made it there and all the kids were happy to tell Dad about our adventure thus far and get a drink of water. Our neighbor, who also works at the church, couldn't believe I road there with the kids. They did great!
Now I know they can make it anywhere in town on their bikes we'll start using them a lot more. It should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment